HANDMADE IN SUNNY CALIFORNIA
Made in the USA
A19 is much more than a lighting company. We are woman-owned and operated in a close family-style environment. We proudly make all of our fixtures in the USA and Sunny California.
Committed to the Community – and the Environment
Did you know that since its founding, A19 has been committed to environmental and social responsibility? We make our ceramic wall sconces and pendants the old fashioned way, by hand, not machine. Our offices and ceramic studio are cooled and heated by nature. We source our materials from local California suppliers (supporting other local businesses and less transport equating to less energy use).
At a community level, we serve through volunteering and local leadership. Cinnamon is a board member for the San Bernardino Workforce Development. She mentors new business owners at SCORE-Inland Empire. She also served 10 years on the board of NEWH Los Angeles Founding Chapter.
All of Our Products are Green
Our company respects the impact our business has on the social and physical environment. This is why, we recycle the clay we use to create your light fixture. The water we use is filtered before it leaves our factory. The clay bodies and glazes that we use require less energy to create durable, long-lasting fixtures. And, the kilns are specifically calibrated for energy efficiency. Then in shipping, we use recycled boxes, bubble wrap, and office materials. As a result, we developed new ways to make our manufacturing energy efficient without compromising product quality. Additionally, we believe in sourcing our materials locally. In other words, we are helping to build employment in the region and keep money in the area. This also allows us to reduce fuel usage and our carbon footprint. This can be seen, in any of our Artisan Handmade Ceramic Light Fixtures.
Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do. For example, our ceramic and glass– two of the world’s oldest materials– are made from natural clay (earth) and silica (sand). For instance, our reFusion Collection has taken our mission a step further.
Our Commitment to Wellbeing
The following is how we continue to create products that support the environment and your health:
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- We have recycling and reclaiming programs in place. Our first step, is reclaiming nearly every speck of clay, every shard of glass, and every drop of water involved in making your fixtures. Secondly, we sort recyclables and “trash,” which is recycled locally. Additionally, A19’s packaging is made from recycled content and is fully recyclable. In fact, our product line the ReFusion Collection, has taken this a step further.
- Storm water.
- We participate in a city storm water management program. This is in compliance with the provisions of the Federal Clean Water Act. The Act is to protect water quality by preventing the introduction of pollutants.
- The clays that we use in your fixtures have been evaluated by a nationally certified toxicologist. They used the American Society for Testing and Materials Standards. Our clays do not contain any material, in sufficient quantity, to be toxic or to constitute a chronic health hazard. Overall, our products are safe for you and your family.
- No off-gassing.
- Our ceramic wall sconces and pendants are inert and odorless, and outlast comparable metal lighting fixtures. Therefore, our products are safe for you and withstand the test of time.
- Energy Efficient.
- Our fixtures are available to accommodate energy efficient LED light bulbs. Above all, it gives you the option to improve your home’s energy efficiency.
- Dark-Sky compliant.
- Many of our wall sconces help reduce light pollution. This is based on the International Dark-Sky Association’s requirements. Artificial light at night has been shown to affect the mating, migration, and predation behaviors of many different species. Consequently, the ecological community as a whole is affected. Whether your outdoor light is directly adjacent to a species habitat or located at some distance, it has the potential to disrupt the functioning of entire ecosystems. This is why we worked to ensure some sconces will reduce this effect.