“Life is full and overflowing with the new. But it is necessary to empty out the old to make room for the new to enter.” – Eileen Caddy
2021 was a year of hope & optimism — a year of reframing. While the year brought a great deal of good, it’s important to weed out what will no longer positively serve you in the coming year. You may be asking yourself, “how the heck am I able to determine what I won’t need?!”
Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Here are 5 questions to ask yourself when letting go so that the new can overflow!
- Does it have a positive, significant meaning to me? Oftentimes, we hold onto things that we have an emotional attachment towards. These things can be objects, people, or even situations. The big question to ask yourself is “does this bring me joy?” — if it no longer is positively significant to you, it’s time to go. Allow negative attachments to things from 2021 to stay where they belong — behind you! Replace those old lights and create new moments with A19.
- Is it still useful? There’s things we need, and things we don’t need. When everyday necessities are concerned, it is important to analyze what is actually useful and what is simply there. You may come to find out that what you thought was useful, really isn’t working anymore and it’s time to get rid of it and make way for something that CAN be. With functional and beautiful lighting from A19, we can guarantee it can last.
- Can I be without this? When it boils down to it, we don’t need a lot to survive… but it is nice to have stuff. What happens when this stuff becomes antiquated, and no longer has that “wow” factor? Out with the old and give yourself the space you need for the new!
Finding something New
- Can I find something similar, or better? While this may seem hard to believe, the answer is undoubtedly, YES! Material items can come and go. Sometimes, you may come across something that you can’t imagine having ever lived without, like the lighting in your home. However, In order to make room for what’s yet to come, you have to be willing to let the old stay in the past.
- Am I ready for newness? The biggest set back when letting go is the fear of newness. Change is good. Change is healthy. New is necessary. Change those ceiling fixtures for some pendants, and those bulbs into sconces. Leave unwanted and no longer needed things in 2021 and make room for an overflow of newness! Just think, if you don’t like the newness… change it again! Don’t put yourself in a box — allow your taste, your interests, and your mindset to evolve and renew itself. With A19, out with the old, and in with the new.
Are you ready for 2022?
2022 is right around the corner. Don’t wait around for the new year to begin to start fresh. Begin today and set yourself up for a new and exciting year!