Made to last, ceramic lighting is an increasingly hot commodity for homes & businesses. Its durable exterior can withstand extreme temperatures and harsh (even outdoor) environments without deteriorating, and are customizable to your space’s aesthetic. Most of our standard fixtures, with some exceptions, come with E26 medium base screw shell sockets and accept standard incandescent, halogen and LED light bulbs. We also offer a GU24 base socket and Energy Star Rated LED bulbs.
LED (light-emitting diode) lights are becoming more and more popular, but why?
Here are 5 reasons why you should consider making the switch from your standard lighting (pun certainly intended) to LED:
- Energy Efficiency. Standard lighting is 90% heat and 10% light, whereas LED lighting is 95% light and 5% heat — notice the difference? Because of this difference, LED bulbs are able to use less wattage to conserve energy.
- Cost Efficient. Due to their energy efficiency, LED bulbs will save you a pretty penny on your electricity bill. Studies have shown that switching to LED lighting can save users nearly 80% on their existing bill.
- Long-lasting. LED bulbs are said to last 50 times longer than standard bulbs. With an operational life of nearly 25,000 hours (22 years), the longevity of this lighting certainly outweighs incandescents or halogens.
- Lower Maintenance. LED lighting is made with durable components which make them less likely to become damaged. Cheers to less trips to your local hardware store for replacements or care!
- Environmentally Safe. Standard lighting can contain harmful chemicals such as Mercury, along with other hazardous materials. LED lighting is clean, and free of toxins — making them easy to dispose of & safer for your home!
Our ceramic fixtures are durable & sustainable, so why not have bulbs that match? Make the switch today to LED lighting and tag us @a19lighting showing off your fixtures!